Clinical Psychology PsyD Program
国产偷拍视频At the University of San Francisco, PsyD students are trained to translate thought into action, through practice-oriented training that emphasizes the mental, emotional, and physical health needs of underserved communities.
Leading location, leading program:
- The PsyD program at USF was recently granted accredited, on contingency status by the American Psychological Association. It is an innovative, practice-based program focused on training students to work with marginalized populations in an interprofessional context.
- USF offers a rich academic and campus experience in the heart of San Francisco with a mission to prepare students to be leaders and change-makers.
Explore the program
- The program is APA accredited on contingency within a traditional, comprehensive university setting centrally located in the diverse and innovative city of San Francisco
- This is a practice-oriented Doctor of Psychology program grounded on scientific research; students are placed in real-world clinical scenarios for observation and experience
- Supportive faculty focused on student mentorship and a diverse, dynamic student body
- Graduates are proficient in the empirical and theoretical underpinnings of integrated, behavioral health interventions while being sensitive to contextual, cultural, spiritual, and socioeconomic environments of individuals and communities.
- Admission is based on the overall fit for each applicant. Applications are open for candidates from both Psychology backgrounds and other fields who have taken certain pre-requisite courses.
View our .
USF Clinical Psychology Diversity Scholars Program 2020
The USF PsyD program is founded on values of social justice, health equity, and cultural responsiveness in teaching, clinical work and research endeavors. We are pleased to invite eligible prospective applicants to apply to our Diversity Scholars Program.
PsyD Faculty Awarded Grant
Dellanira Garcia, PhD, Assistant Professor, was awarded a for her continued work on health disparities among Latino populations. The objective of this two (2) year award is the recruitment and retention of qualified health professionals whose research focuses on minority health disparities or other health disparities.
Licensure and Accreditation
The Program is accredited, on contingency by the American Psychological Association (APA). This status, available to new doctoral programs, is effective beginning 07/22/18 and was granted for five years. In the fall of 2021, APA’s Commission on Accreditation (COA) will review outcome data for students in the program and program graduates via a self-study and site visit, after which the program will be reviewed for full accreditation status.
Questions related to the program’s accredited status should be directed to the Commission on Accreditation: Office of Program Consultation and Accreditation American Psychological Association 750 1st Street, NE, Washington, DC 20002 Phone: (202) 336-5979 / E-mail: email@example.com Web:
国产偷拍视频The Program is also accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges Senior College and University Commission (WSCUC) and has Associate Member status in the National Council of Schools and Programs of Professional Psychology (NCSPP).
国产偷拍视频Graduates of the PsyD program at USF, once they have completed required postdoctoral hours, are eligible for to apply for licensure in California (and other states) as psychologists.