Apply for Financial Aid
Steps to Apply
STEP 1: SUBMIT THE REQUIRED APPLICATION FORMS BY THE PRIORITY DEADLINES.
Students applying for financial aid at USF should complete the . The FAFSA is used to determine federal and/or state aid eligibility.
California residents who are not able to complete the FAFSA based on citizenship status should complete the .
To receive full consideration, students need to meet the priority financial aid deadlines listed below. Please review the deadlines carefully and do not wait to be admitted to the University before applying for financial aid.
The 2020-2021 FAFSA is available October 1, 2019.
School Code: 001325
STEP 2: PROVIDE YOUR SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER (SSN) ON YOUR ADMISSION APPLICATION (If applicable)
- Your SSN is the identification number you will provide on the FAFSA and is used by USF to match your aid applications with your student record.
- Your SSN will not be disclosed by the University without your consent except as allowed by federal and state law.
STEP 3: COMPLETE INCOME VERIFICATION
- Federal regulations and University policy require verification of information used to determine a student's eligibility for financial aid.
- Verification requirements will be listed under "unsatisfied requirements" on your student self-service portal, on the financial aid status page.
- Students selected by the Department of Education for the Federal Verification process must provide verification of income and household information used on their FAFSA.
STEP 4: WHAT HAPPENS AFTER I APPLY FOR FINANCIAL AID?
- Initial financial aid awards will be sent by mail to your home address and available in myUSF Self-Service. Any subsequent financial aid award notices will be sent to your myUSF email account.
- It is important to complete all unsatisfied requirements before the date listed below to ensure your student bill reflects your authorized financial aid. Unsatisfied requirements will be found on myUSF Self-Service once you receive your initial financial aid award.
- Your first student bill will be posted online to your myUSF portal on the schedule listed below.
- Financial aid disbursements begin no earlier than 10 days before the semester begins if all requirements have been completed.
|FALL ADMITS||SPRING ADMITS|
|Financial Aid Award Letter||On or before April 1||On or before November 15, or as admission happens|
|Income Verification and Unsatisfied Requirements Preferred Deadline||June 1||November 1|
|First Student Bill Sent||First week of July||First week of December|
|First Student Bill Due Date||August 1||First week of January|
|Financial Aid Disbursement||10 days prior to Fall semester||10 days prior to Spring semester|
Financial Aid Appeal Process
At USF, we understand that life happens. Some families face unfortunate circumstances that are not currently reflected on their financial aid application. Such circumstances may include, loss of income, loss of other resources, unusually high medical costs, death of a parent, among other unfortunate circumstances. Contact the financial aid office to discuss the right appeal option and supporting documentation.